Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Not sure where else to post this but I just stumbled on r/fasting and I hope I'm not the only one that is absolutely appalled - It's a super dangerous ED paradise and an extremely unhealthy weightloss technique.

Huge ED trigger warning for the sub mentioned, if you're feeling sensitive please have a nice day and don't go there.

I have been doing IF on my journey and found it reasonable. Because, you know, you have an eating window. You focus on eating nutricious meals and cutting out snacking and re-embracing your natural drive and hunger over cravings.

However, 2 weeks only drinking water? 30 DAYS with NO FOOD at all just water and coffee?!?!?! That's what r/fasting is pushing as if it's a miracle weightloss technique.

I shouldn't have to say it but THIS IS SO DANGEROUS!

And it is being portrayed as if it's as healthy a weight loss technique and lumped in with IF. I think IF is fine but certainly not for everyone, especially not people that are ED vulnerable and have issues around food relationships.

So how is simply NOT EATING for weeks on end ok??? There are young, impressionable people on this site. R/fasting is deeply, deeply disturbing me and I'm so upset by the delusional people posting there.

Has anyone else come across this sub? I am so aghast. Truly. Don't know where else to post but I see that loseit promotes HEALTHY weight loss so curious if it's been discussed before.

submitted by /u/warmegg
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ACODdU

No comments:

Post a Comment