Monday, June 1, 2020

How long for a whoosh?

Hi folks, long time lurker.

I’m a 51F, 5’10” 237.4 lbs (107.7 kgs). On May 12 I decided that I was going to do the things I need to do to lose weight. This is not my first rodeo, and after losing 70 lbs on keto and diet pills but regaining it back, have been determined to lose weight this time with a sustainable lifestyle.

So, everyday I have been logging in MFP and everyday I have been riding the Peloton (this is after doing zero exercise for the past five years). MFP is telling me I can eat 1480 calories per day and adds about 200 per day for the bike, so 1680 per day. I have been under this by 400-600 per weekday, and tend to eat the full amount on weekend days. Before I started keeping track I’m sure I was eating 2500 calories per day at least. I feel much better; some chronic hip pain is gone, my core is more engaged and I have had zero late night self-loathing as the result of gross overeating.

So, after three weeks of consistent logging and getting on that bike every. single. day. (the struggle is real, y’all) as of my weekly Monday morning weigh in, I have lost... .6 pounds. Not six pounds. Point six pounds.

I know that pending menopause slows weight loss. I know I am producing more blood with the exercise. I know at some point I’ll be building more muscle, too. But still... shouldn’t I have had a whoosh by now?

I appreciate any guidance you might have for me before I give up on this logical approach and go back to the diet pill insanity! (Just kidding, I wouldn’t really. But I do dream of those 3 pound per week losses, ahhhh!)

Thanks, Christine

submitted by /u/christilla
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XOTfFb

No comments:

Post a Comment