Friday, June 5, 2020

I can't imagine myself at my goal? I've never been "slim" and even progress can't convince me.

Has anyone else felt this way? It's almost self-sabotaging.

I've been overweight all my life and been trying to lose weight since my early teens. (I'm now 24). I've seen friends go through dramatic fitness transformations and of course many of the success stories here on Reddit! But somehow, I simply can't imagine that I will one day have my goal body.

I just started my weight loss journey again in earnest and have already made some progress. I'm happy I'm sticking to my nutrition plan and overcoming my cravings, but simply imagining me with my ideal (or even, not overweight body) seems unfathomable!

Does anyone else feel this way?

It's as if I feel like I'll never be the owner of a slim, fit body. And I'll never not hate my body in some way. I know this is dumb because weight loss is not IMPOSSIBLE. It's just such a discouraging thing to tell myself even whilst I'm working so hard every day.

submitted by /u/natbatwat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Y2YaT2

No comments:

Post a Comment