Tuesday, June 16, 2020

I'm no longer obese!

20 kg weight loss difference

I'm 5'5" and started at over 100 kg (BMI 35 minimum) and now I'm at just over 80 kg and a BMI of 29.7!!

I've always been at least overweight as long as I can remember - no one else in my immediate family is but I've always had a love for food and minimal self-control. When I was over 100 kg two years ago I still stuck my head in the sand - I didn't need to be that fit since I could still cycle to uni etc.

I started making a conscious effort to lose weight in May 2019 (exam stress - I think I wanted some form of control) by doing OMAD and a couple of months ago I shifted to CICO as OMAD alone wasn't working on it's own anymore. I found that accepting and loving my body helped to lose weight to take care of myself rather than punish myself. I started to like my body before losing weight! It's been a long journey but I'm at least halfway there!!

I've been aiming for 60 kg but I'll reassess once I get closer. The dress isn't the most flattering (I tried on a wrap dress that didn't look that good the last time I wore it and now I look fan-fucking-tastic!) but it was good to compare. I've dropped at least one clothing size if not two and I'm starting to fit into older clothing.

I'm going to keep on going but I only lost 0.3 kg in the last week which was a bit of a blow. I promised myself I would post this once I was no longer obese and I would thank this community for helping buoy my spirits even if I've always been a lurker.

submitted by /u/Emmi567
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d0p03K

No comments:

Post a Comment