Tuesday, June 16, 2020

I've decided not to have weight loss as my primary goal anymore.

The last couple of years, I've lost 20 kilos, and during corona, I regained about 5.

I stopped trying to actively lose in January, due to a very stressful period in my life where my mental health simply didn't leave enough energy for that.

And this week, gyms re-opened. I had my first workout in about a year yesterday, and I LOVED being back in the game. But I still don't think I really have the mental energy to actively count calories.

So, I've decided that for the time being, I'm happy to be the weight I'm at. My BMI is around 27-28. I'm not so overweight that moving around is a bother. I don't look fat, apart from my belly. I look good. Especially since I've finally gotten a haircut now. I feel good about the way I look.

I've also decided to still try and be healthy. I'll work out because I enjoy working out. I'll eat vegetables and lean meats because it's delicious, I'll take vitamin supplements because they help me feel better. I don't have the self dicipline to quit smoking, but I'll vape instead, since it's the lesser of two evils. I will not feel bad for sometimes baking a cake or eating bacon and eggs for breakfast, but I will stop when I'm full instead of gobbling it down. Enjoy my food, chew slower.

For the time being, I'm happy to stick with being overweight, but otherwise healthy. The secret to self-love is to love yourself as you are right this moment. And frankly, I look gorgeous at the moment - and I'll look even better when I start getting a little of my muscle back.

Weight loss isn't my focus anymore. General health is.

Sharing this for accountability. Hoping it might inspire some of you to remember the self-love.

submitted by /u/LifeIsAKindergarten
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3frypD1

No comments:

Post a Comment