Monday, June 15, 2020

I've lost 30 pounds since January. I don't see it or feel it at all.

I know this is a common issue with people losing weight, but it has me concerned for my mental health. I'm thankful for the metric of the scale, since the scale doesn't lie. It's been a bumpy road. I used to suffer from an eating disorder when I was in high school. I lost a lot of weight but was still overweight, just really sick on top of it. I haven't been able to lose the weight since I gained back when I started eating again.

This year I've relapsed back into not really eating (like 500 calories a day), then pivoted and decided to try to eat 3 healthy meals a day. I suffer from pretty extreme food guilt. Even eating a snack like grapes can set me off sometimes. I average about 1800 cals a day now and my body seems to like it. I've been losing more steadily since I started eating more. I'm still at a massive calorie deficit of approximately 1000 calories or more a day. Weekends I'm a bit looser but still don't overindulge. Point is, I've been doing more intense workouts and eating "normally" and I've been losing weight. The problem is I just can't see it.

I worry that even if I lose the amount of weight i want to, nothing will really change in the way I feel about myself. I'm trying not to be discouraged by the fact that my family hasn't commented on my weight loss. I think they just don't want to mention it because they know about the troubles I went through in high school and don't want to encourage me if I'm losing weight unhealthily. How does one get through these mental blocks? I just want to feel good about myself even just a little bit.

submitted by /u/artisnt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37wD83o

No comments:

Post a Comment