Saturday, June 13, 2020

I've worked out why my makeup looked so bad

In recent months I've lost over 50 lb (23 kg) and over the course of my weight loss I stopped wearing liquid eyeliner. I had been very conscious of my small eyes and used eyeliner to make them look bigger, but as I lost weight and my cheeks slimmed down I didn't need to wear my usual cat-eye flicks to reshape my eyes. "Brilliant," I thought, "that saves me 10 minutes in the morning, weight loss win".

Lockdown hit and I stopped wearing makeup completely. Until Wednesday (week 12 of lockdown), when I had an important Zoom meeting and figured I'd better make an effort. Liquid eyeliner and all. Except it looked so... bad? I pride myself on my eyeliner application abilities so this shook me. It has been ages since I've worn eyeliner so I thought I might be out of practice, or maybe my eyeliner had gone off while I hadn't been using it? But while doing my makeup again today (and trying to narrow down the reason) it dawned on me. I was still doing eyeliner the same way I had for 10+ years, suited for my +50lb chubby face shape, and not my -50lb slimmed down face shape!

It seems so obvious now I've worked it out. As my body shape has changed I've rethought my fashion sense and what clothes look good, but it hadn't even occured to me to do the same thing with my hairstyle or makeup.

It turns out that big flicks and outer corner emphasis are out, and a rounder eye with smaller flicks look is in. My makeup today looks incredible now I've reassessed what suits me. I'm so excited for shops to open so I can restock my false eyelash collection with some pairs more flattering for my new face shape, and to get to a hairdressers and see what my new style should be!

submitted by /u/CCSDTQ
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UG5frR

No comments:

Post a Comment