Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Losing weight doesn’t have to mean punishment.

Weight loss has always been shown to me as a difficult, stressful journey, full of restriction and hard exercise. Hating yourself down to your goal weight seemed like the only way. And the hard work and pain would only stop once you achieved your goal.

This time has been different. I’m losing weight because I love myself enough to keep myself healthy. I’m counting calories not to eat as few as possible, but to teach myself how much food is appropriate for my body size and to make sure I’m getting enough nutrients. I never eat foods that I hate. I always fit in the foods that I love, but it in proper portion sizes. I exercise to make my heart and muscles stronger. And I’m 15 pounds down from my highest weight!

Losing weight doesn’t have to be painful and stressful. It isn’t and SHOULDN’T be fueled by self hatred. It’s not a punishment for ever getting fat. It can be taken slowly and sustainably, with little changes here and there. And yes, it can actually make you feel good!

submitted by /u/peachfoxes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MmMWU3

No comments:

Post a Comment