Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Lost 30lbs and don’t like hearing comments about it

For context, I’m 19, SW 225 CW 195. So since January/February I have lost 30lbs, slowly but steadily. Because of quarantine I haven’t seen alot of people in a while, but I am starting to get comments about my weight and they make me feel super weird.

Last week my best friends mom told me I look “fit” and I didn’t know how to respond. My face got super red and I just said “Thanks”. I’m usually super confident and outgoing, so it was weird that I felt that uncomfortable. Then today my grandmother came over and in the middle of a conversation she starts motioning at her waist pointing inwards and says “You look thinner!”. I just kinda stood there and smiled and she goes “How much?”....... I was so confused, but then she continues to say “Have you been weighing yourself? How much have you lost?” to which I replied “Haha I don’t know” knowing damn well that I have lost exactly 30.4 lbs. There were a bunch of people around and I didn’t want my weight being the topic of conversation.

So my question is, why do I not want people noticing? I’ve been working super hard to lose weight and I’m glad that the change is becoming noticeable but I seriously hate when people make comments like that. But at the same time it’s flattering? I don’t know. Super confused. Also for some reason I don’t like talking to my family about my weight loss or healthy lifestyle changes AT ALL. Even though they obviously have noticed I’ve been eating much healthier and working out alot more, I hate when they bring it up. I just like to move in silence and not hear comments about it. I am grateful that they are kind and supportive, but let me be on my grind in peace!!

TLDR: People have been commenting on my weight loss recently and it makes me feel super uncomfortable.

submitted by /u/butterflywavy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BjvugL

No comments:

Post a Comment