Saturday, June 6, 2020

My body is an asshole - I broke my plateau by making a doctor's appointment, apparently

Not going to the appointment, just scheduling it. I've been stuck at 220 pounds for a freaking year now and no amount of calorie counting and eating less has changed that. I finally decided I was sick of my body's shit and made an appointment with my GP to see if she had any suggestions and if she felt I should rule out any potential underlying health issues that could be contributing to the stalled weight loss.

I shit you not, I weighed myself the day after making the appointment and was at 215. I got up this morning and I weighed 213. I'm not celebrating just yet because I know I'll probably balloon right back up to 220 like I always do, and I realize this is not a significant loss, but I also haven't seen the scale go that low in about a decade and it just feels good knowing my body isn't broken.

I fully intend to keep the appointment because my body seems to like plateauing in 10-pound increments. I was stuck at 230 for a while before I was stuck at 220 and I figure if I hit 210, I'll get stuck there too and I still want to see if anything could be interfering with my efforts. Seems all I had to do was threaten my body with weight-related professional intervention - that's honestly the only different thing I've done this past year or so.

submitted by /u/BingoHighway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30gIj60

No comments:

Post a Comment