Saturday, June 20, 2020

NSV- A small doesn’t seem that small anymore

I have been a large/extra large for 4 years now. I haven’t worn pants with a single digit size since I was 8. Yesterday, I went clothes shopping - an activity that I would normally dread but throughout my weight loss journey has gotten better. With quarantine, I haven’t been able to try anything on in store, but I could still go in and browse. I am currently a medium in most clothing items.

I used to think a small shirt was unobtainable and that nobody could ever fit in that. I used to think that even if I lost weight I would still be in a large/extra large shirt because of my frame(which has shrunk throughout the process). I took a look at a small shirt and I was like.. that isn’t actually that.. small? I was shocked to see how close I was getting to being able to fit in it.

I’ve only lost 30 pounds and still have 35 to go. But this was a major NSV to me.. things are starting to feel like I can actually obtain them and that I am making real progress. For those who are just starting out and things feel impossible: They are completely obtainable.. it feels impossible until it’s not. You just have to keep working. I have been doing Keto and CICO since the end of February and I have never had this much success with losing weight. Find supportive people or just tell a couple people and ask them to keep you accountable. It helps so much in the long run.

It takes a lot of hard work mentally to lose the weight. Don’t let negative thoughts or cravings discourage you. Try new things on when you go clothes shopping that you might not have before.. you know- the clothing style that you swear to never buy- and when you see how it fits, let that encourage you. It may sound like a vain encouragement but it is very encouraging to see things fit that you never would have thought would fit before.

submitted by /u/LindseyKubsch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zOrqoB

No comments:

Post a Comment