Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Opposite Goals but totally on target!

Hello everyone! I wanted to share this with you all since my family doesn't seem to care lol.

I work in retail and at the beginning of last year I began to realize that I couldn't walk as fast around the store. I was sweating more and bending down was a chore. I hadn't looked at my weight in a while and my work was doing this thing where you could take a class on healthy living.

I signed up and (to no one's surprise) it was only me and one other person in the class. Her name can be Lisa. The two of us were polar opposites. I weighed in at 5"5 and 260 lbs (I may have cried a tiny bit.) And Lisa weighed in at 5"11 and 96lbs. The woman teaching the class looked at the both of us like she had no idea where to even begin. I was like a black lab who could have 5 pints of icecream in one day without blinking and Lisa was like a really picky cat who ate 5 Oreos and that was it for the rest of the day. The two things we did have in common were a love for junk food, and the overwhelming need to change everything about ourselves.

The class was two weeks long in January and we learned a lot about weight loss and weight gain and the foods that might be the best for us. The two of us decided to become weight buddies and help each other on our individual goals. When lockdown started we would video chat and keep eachthother motivated with memes and Pinterest. We are back at work now and we are both on track! I am now at 229lbs and Lisa is at 115! We still have a long way to go but we are on the road to both be healthy.

submitted by /u/notalwayslost12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BBvKrB

No comments:

Post a Comment