Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Overdoing it ruins the party yet again.

I wanted to lose 50lbs this year.

I told myself I wanted to do it slowly, steadily and still enjoy my life while doing it. I figured ~1lb/wk would put me down 50lbs in the year.

I am a 250-lb female, but because I’m 6ft, you can’t tell just how overweight I am. I start to look actually like, GOOD, around 220. I was excited for this plan. I’d look pretty good for the summer, continue chipping away throughout the latter half of the year, be down 50 by New Years and debut the ~new bod~ in 2021.

I was going to do CICO, something I LOVE because it works and you can still eat what you want. I had a plan.

But despite making a feasible plan I loved, I figured I’d start myself off EVEN BETTER by doing Whole30 in January. I did it for 24 days and lost 18lbs. It worked. I only needed to lose 32 throughout the next 11 months!

Except... it didn’t. Because after Whole30, I was miserable. I figured I did so well, might as well splurge for a week and THEN get into CICO. Well, 1 week turned into 2 turned into 3 turned into 2 months. Oops. In March, I was back to 250 and 3 months behind.

Then I’m playing catch-up. Okay, now I have to lose 2lbs a month. So I better get myself ready. Whole30? Keto? OMAD? Anything? Tried and failed, tried and failed.

Now it is June. Had I just stuck to my year-long plan, I could be down 20+ lbs. I’m down 7. I have 43 pounds left to go and only half the year.

But at least I’ve learned something. I have learned that trying to speed my goals along does NOT work. It isn’t sustainable for me. And now that I half the same amount of weight to lose and half the time to do it, that lesson is important: now, instead of doing dumb diets that don’t work for me to reach by 50lb goal in 2020, I’ll just extend it.

As long as I keep working my way towards it, who cares if I achieve it in December 2020 or April 2021?

This was a pep talk more for myself than anything. But it might serve as a reminder for some: slow progress is still progress. And 3-4lbs a month consistently over the course of a year is better than 18lbs a month that is immediately gained back.

Good luck to everyone on their continued weight loss journeys!

submitted by /u/lilspaghettigrandma
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2znwtw4

No comments:

Post a Comment