Monday, June 22, 2020

Portion creep is real!

If you’ve been struggling over lockdown, try food journaling again!

Lockdown has been hard. All my dieting guidelines went out the window and I comfort ate my way through heaps of pasta and baked goods and processed snacks. After just 2 months, I’ve managed to put on 20 lbs, a 15% increase over my pre lockdown weight, and wiping out what took me over 9 months to lose.

I decided to get serious about my diet again, especially because piling on the gluten and sugars were causing health issues beyond my weight gain. Frankly, I thought just cutting gluten and processed sugars would be enough. I started with a ‘healthy’ lunch of ‘only’ grilled proteins and veggies - and when I logged it, it was 1200 calories!

It was a big wake up call. Clearly my ability to estimate food portions had also gone out the window. So when in doubt or when your weight loss has plateaued or even reversed, consider reintroducing food logging and more precise measurements.

Would love to hear other tips of what has helped in your weight loss journey. My go to are: - food tracking - MFP is great for me - cutting out carbs, gluten and processed sugars - these make a big difference for my gut and skin and energy levels - NOT having unhealthy snacks in the house - having healthy replacements - eg homemade protein balls for a sweet treat - having a few go to meal recipes for days when I don’t want to think - making sure my meals have enough protein and fat - otherwise I get hungry really quickly :(

submitted by /u/snowsilk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NiZ1Kx

No comments:

Post a Comment