Monday, June 8, 2020

Progress: Journey from 97kg to 83.5kg and (hopefully) to 77kg /w diet, weight tracking & images

Or for people using pounds: Started at 213, currently at 184, want to get to 170. :)

So after being really fit and into sports in my teens I started to get lazy in my twenties (after finishing my degree). That combined with a lazy diet (lots of eating out, too much fatty,tasty and sweet stuff) led to me gaining weight over time. I never really managed to consistently change my diet and lose more than a few kgs. Over the last years I always hovered between 95 and 100kgs. But something finally clicked late last year and I started it. Mainly went with keto and cut out basically all high carb stuff combined with a soft intermittent fasting (16:8). Basically my meals are the following on 95% of days:

- Breakfast/lunch at noon: Half an avocado, 2 eggs, 100g keto bread with ham/salmon and cheese, tomatoes, cucumber

- Dinner before 8pm: 2 eggplants/aubergines, 2 zuchinis, some brokkoli, usually 200-300g meat/salmon, 50g parmesan, sometimes some joghurt with cranberries. I am trying to cut down on meat tbh, think it's too much.

That diet was combined with medium level of exercise (2-3 times a week, usually 30min strength or jogging).

Before/Current: https://ibb.co/FqFJ53L

Weight Loss Chart: https://ibb.co/CQKgKdY

As you can see I hit a sort of plateau in February around 90kg and really struggled a bit and was thinking of stopping a few times. I am glad I didn't thought and managed to get through in late March and resumed a bit of the speed I had before. As I get closer to 77kg I want to let loose a bit more, for example eating some pasta or pizza on the weekend or some sweets once a week. Eventually I want to return to a moderate carb diet with better portion control. :)

Happy to answer any questions. :)

submitted by /u/munzwurf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YdRWzW

No comments:

Post a Comment