Friday, June 5, 2020

Question on calorie deficit

34yr, male, 6’0 ft, starting (March 30): 299 lbs / current (June 5): 259.8 lbs.

Wondering if my calorie deficit is actually unhealthy, despite the fact that my weight loss journey has been going really well.

Per my calorie counter, I usually consume between 1200-1500 calories a day before backing out my daily workout which burns around 425 calories, meaning I net about 800-1100 calories a day. Which is of course a pretty significant deficit. I have a desk job, but stay reasonably active through walks / hikes, yard work, and my daily exercise. I also drink 80oz of water a day (not counting daily coffee or tea) and sleep a full 8+ hours a night.

My diet switched from totally and completely reckless at all times of the day (and night) to balanced, home cooked, reasonably sized meals with a big influx of fruits & veggies. Fast food has been completely eliminated. I have a 300-ish cal breakfast (rotation of yogurt / fruit / granola, two eggs and a wheat English muffin, or a bowl of cereal with almond milk), a small lunch (usually fruit or nuts), a 800-ish cal dinner, then some whiskey or a small dessert adding another 250 cals or so.

Personally, I feel outstanding. Energy level is incredible and sustained throughout the day. I don’t really feel hungry other than the hour or so leading into dinner. Cravings are nearly non-existent. While I do consider myself to be in a “boot camp style” weight less regimen currently and plan to add more calories back in when I hit my goal, I believe this lifestyle to be completely sustainable for me.

The reason why I posted this is because I’ve seen some back and forth on this topic in terms of healthy deficits, and I also want to make sure I am getting needed nutrients / vitamins and what would be signs that I am not. More than willing to include supplements to compensate, but no idea where to start with that.

Any input or help is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/LovingCup2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gU8dT4

No comments:

Post a Comment