Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Reason for my plateau? Hashimotos diagnosis

Hi all, I’ve loved browsing this sub the last year and have been on my own weight loss journey. Unfortunately through my best efforts I have only been able to lose 7 pounds in the past year.

I’ve taken a blood test recently because my husband and I want to start trying to have a baby but I haven’t been able to get my period since going off the birth control pill last September.

The blood test revealed I have hypothyroidism and then a second revealed it is caused by Hashimotos auto-immune disease where my antibodies are attacking my thyroid causing it to underperform and therefore resulting in slow metabolism and weight gain.

I literally cannot believe I have been working against myself for so long! I’ve started taking medication to balance out the thyroid hormones for a week and I’m excited to see if I can actually lose weight now.

Does anyone have a similar experience? I’d love to hear how other people with Hashimoto or hypothyroidism have managed their weight.

submitted by /u/talking_houses
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U6g7z5

No comments:

Post a Comment