Friday, June 12, 2020

Skinny shamed after weight loss

Hello there, I'm a 22 year old male in college. I have always dealt with body image issues. I was a skinny kid but started gaining a lot of weight in highschool and even reached 105kg during my senior year which is quite bad for someone as short as me. Lately I put a lot of effort into losing weight and becoming more confident in my body, but for what? To get even more negative comments on my body because apparently shaming thin people is acceptable. It's insane how people are so obsessed with my body now that I'm actually healthier than I used to be. I'm at 60 kg which admittedly is quite thin but definitely not too skinny for someone at my height. I've been spending time in my hometown lately and I've gotten a lot of comments like "where did you cheeks go?", "you look like a skeleton", "you should gain some weight", "are you sure you're not anorexic?" (how is that ever appropriate!?) At first I secretly enjoyed the skinny comments but now they're getting to me. I keep taking photos and videos of my body and face to see if they look ugly and this paranoia is taking a lot of my time. I heard so many good things about losing weight but noone prepared me for this. People were cruel when I was heavier but I never received as much criticism for my body as I am now. I've even started thinking about putting on some weight shortly after I finished my weight loss journey. This is exhausting.

submitted by /u/Giwrgospap1998
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YuHjZG

No comments:

Post a Comment