Sunday, June 14, 2020

Starting my first serious weight loss mission

I am one week into my weight loss mission. I've tried things like keto or intermittent fasting briefly but never stuck with it long enough to see major results. I was browsing through this subreddit and found a link to TDEE Calculator which is a BMI calculator that also gives you calorie intake recommendations based on whether you want to lose, maintain, or gain weight. When I put my information in ( 21F • 5'8" • 201 pounds (91 kg)) it gave me a BMI score of 30.6 which is just barely over the borderline from overweight to obese. I had always known I was overweight. I've been overweight since I was 9. But obese was a huge shock. I had always thought obese was the term for people who are extremely overweight and can't function normally. Ever since I found out that I am obese I've been obsessing over it. I look in the mirror and I can't help but notice all my fat and flab and the word obese keeps repeating in my mind. I worry about things. If I'm obese now what will happen when I get older and my metabolism slows down? I worry about my weight snowballing to the point where I'm on "My 600 Pound Life" and need helping walking around. Type 2 diabetes and hypothyroidism also run in my family so I'm afraid I'm putting myself at risk with my weight. I decided I can't let things get any more out of hand. I've started counting calories and trying to keep my intake below 1,414 which was my recommended intake for cutting weight. I'm also trying to switch to higher protein food and eat less carbs. I record everything I eat along with the calories, carbs, protein, and fat in a notebook which has really helped me stay organized. I've been doing this since Monday and I've lost 3 pounds so far. I don't have an exercise plan yet. My plan is to get used to the new diet and then start slowly implementing a workout routine. I've been getting headaches and feeling dizzy and tired some days, especially days I'm at work since I don't get a lunch break with the new coronavirus hours. Once I adjust to the low calorie intake a little more I'll start working on my calories out. I've told my boyfriend and my mom that I'm working on losing weight but I haven't told anyone else. I feel like since I've started so many diets and health kicks before people won't take me seriously this time. I'm waiting until I start making serious progress to say anything. I'm excited to be seriously working on losing weight. My target weight is 140 pounds (63kg) which means I have 60 pounds to lose. I'm very motivated to get rid of this obese label and hopefully the overweight label as well. This may sound cheesy but I'm excited by the idea of putting on a pair of my current pants once I lose weight to show my progress.

submitted by /u/Kilojoules-Bind
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37AeteA

No comments:

Post a Comment