Sunday, June 14, 2020

I don't hate wearing regular bras anymore

Hi! Just a bit of background

I'm 19F 5'3/160cm SW: 134lbs CW: 115lbs GW: 110lbs

I began my journey during the start of Feb, I guess you could say I was at a healthy weight when I started (even if it was borderline overweight). I had one of those "I have to lose weight" moments when I went to buy a new bra with my mom before this whole pandemic happened since I had to grow out of that "always wears sports bra" phase. I never really formally took my bra measurements, but I always assumed I was a 34B since those were the sports bras that I wore. (I had regular, old-fashioned ones but they didn't quite fit me well since they always made my jugs look bigger than what it really was, so I wore sports bra a lot to restrain them)

When I went to try them out in the fitting room, I got repulsed by what I saw in the mirror. I was practically spilling out of the cups, and there was extra arm fat just sitting there beside it. I nearly broke down then and there when I realized that I probably grew a cup size but just never realized it since I always wore sports bras. I was embarrassed to tell my mom so I ended up saying it was okay and we bought 2 of them. I threw them in my closet, hoping to never see them again since I never really liked bras anyway.

But I knew I had to grow out of that phase, so I began my weight loss journey.

4 months and 19lbs later, I saw the same bra sitting below my other sports bras and thought, what the heck, might as well try it on.

And nearly broke down again when I saw myself in the mirror (yes, I'm aware I get emotional a lot).

They fit perfectly. I wasn't spilling out of the cups, I had no arm fat sitting beside it either, and for once in my life, I didn't hate my figure while wearing just my underwear. I thought to myself, "why did I always hate my half naked self? I didn't look half bad at all" and smiled really big when I realized I was suddenly learning to love myself.

If you had told me 4 months ago that I would think the same thing I did when I saw myself half-naked, I would've laughed and made a self-depreciating joke. But now, I realized t-shirt bras weren't so bad after all. I always wondered why girls liked to wear them, and now I understand.

Sorry if this was really long, but I just wanted to share this really big milestone for me. I never realized what a difference 19lbs would make, not just physically, but mentally as well.

submitted by /u/IntrovertTrashx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3e2s9RJ

No comments:

Post a Comment