Monday, June 15, 2020

Starting see my collarbones more clearly and other physical changes!

I've been trying to exercise more and eat better since May (with some bouts of indulgence and laziness), and I've been tracking more for accountability and control than an explicit intention of weight loss for over 6 months now. My body has definitely been feeling stronger, and based on my calculations, I should have lost over 2kg by now (I weigh my food pretty diligently and am careful to avoid under recording my meals). I saw an initial drop in my weight, but was discouraged to find that it seemed like I gained everything back after a few days despite my remaining in a deficit. I know this can most likely be attributed to day-to-day water fluctuations, but I had been weighing myself daily and was upset to see that I remained around the higher weight range for over a week.

I have been seeing physical changes, but given that it's summer and I'm wearing clothing that exposes my figure more (rather than the long-sleeved, long-pants clothes I've been wearing all year), I had convinced myself that I was imagining these minor changes and attributed them to muscle growth rather than fat loss.

Recently I spent the weekend in my home town and I was shocked to see that some of my old clothing fit looser and there was a more noticeable difference in my physique once I looked at myself in my old clothes! My mom even mentioned off hand that I look leaner and that she could tell I've been working out before I mentioned it to her. I can also see my collar bones more clearly, my shoulders look stronger, and my thighs are definitely thinner! Some clothes that were too small for me even fit me now. I've also remarked that I can feel more of my ribs now (definitely not in an unhealthy way, Im still slightly overweight for my height) which was something I never noticed!

My ultimate goal in exercising more and eating more nutritious foods were to feel more confident in my body and be able to look nice in stylish clothes that I'm too unconfident to wear now. As someone who tends to be obsessive with numbers, this is just a nice reminder that the scale isn't everything; I weighed myself again today and I still haven't lost any weight from the start of my journey. Nevertheless, I'm beginning to see noticeable, positive changes to my body that reflect the work I've been putting in.

**Edit** My bad on the title lol

submitted by /u/Icy-Tumbleweed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3e7ncaz

No comments:

Post a Comment