Tuesday, June 2, 2020

SV - 50lbs down since January πŸ˜ƒ

Hey all.

Long time lurker here. (41/M/5’11/216lbs)

Always had an issue with food and my weight. It’s been up and down but I’ve never lost more than a few lbs before putting it on again.

After Christmas I decided I’d had enough. I was 266lbs (the heaviest I’d ever been) and I was fed up.

I’ve experimented with soooo many ‘diets’ before - straight CICO ( I know this is the basis for all weight loss but hear me out), Keto, Slimming World, Weight Watchers etc, but I could never stick to anything.

I sat down and looked at WHY I was fat and what caused it and I realised that I could often comfortably go all day without eating but then I binged at night, and that as soon as I did eat anything I lost control and stuffed myself.

So since early January that’s exactly what I’ve been doing. I don’t eat at all during the day, and thenI eat a good meal about 9pm. I do count my calories, and I do make sure what I’m eating is healthy (most of the time...).

I know OMAD ( one meal a day) seems pretty extreme and obviously isn’t for everyone but for me I really think I’ve found a way of eating that I will happily be able to sustain. I still get to eat carbs, I still get to eat some sweet stuff, and I’m still losing weight.

More importantly (and this is a big one) FOOD DOESN’T CONTROL ME ANYMORE and that’s something I have never been able to say before.

Sorry for the rambling post but I’ve never been in a better place with my weight πŸ™‚

submitted by /u/LastBlueDragon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eHU2Pa

No comments:

Post a Comment