Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Lost 59 lbs and I'm finally in Onederland!

Started my weight loss half a year ago (December 2019) as morbidly obese at 5'6.5" and 117.4 kg (258-259 lbs) after a decade of crippling depression, anxiety, binging, fasting and various fad diets.

First I tackled my mental health through meditation, yoga and journalling after hitting the literal rock bottom and 99% of my fears becoming reality.

Once the mental angle clicked and I lost most of my fears, sticking to a healthier lifestyle became a side effect and not a struggle.

Now I'm finally in onederland! 199 lbs! And still going strong.

I was going slow and steady, eating 500 kcal below my sedentary maintenance (ate 1500 kcal everyday) and finding a routine that worked for me activity wise, slowly building sustainable habits. My current routine is:

  • 30 days yoga challenges with Yoga with Adriene on yt (got a 150 days daily streak a few days ago)

  • low impact cardio with the Body Project on yt (knees are really your weakness when you are obese)

  • daily morning yoga ashtanga style

  • just trying to be more active throughout the day

But at first I started with just beginner yoga videos, other habits I slowly added over time.

Food wise I eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my 1500 kcal.

Just wanted to share my lil sv with you all, let's keep at it and hopefully you all find a lifestyle and an approach to food that suits you personally.

submitted by /u/LiveBlanket
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XPNhUt

No comments:

Post a Comment