Wednesday, June 10, 2020

THE SCALE DOES NOT TELL THE WHOLE STORY!!!!

I know I just posted the other day...but holy shit guys. My mind was just blown.

So I decided to go get a body composition scan showing how my weight is broken down. Muscle mass, fat and all that stuff. Before this my weight loss goal to “healthy” was a total of 150lbs lost. That would put me at 180 lbs. Boy did I learn a lot today.

My resting metabolic shows I burn 2200/cal doing absolutely nothing. HOLY COW. I am not eating enough! Was told that my daily consumption of only 1400 a day is actually detrimental. Was told to up my cal intake to 2300 on days that I work out ( so 6 days a week of CrossFit) and 1900 on Sunday.

My Lean tissue is 136 lbs plus 7lbs of bone...so at 0% BF I would weigh 154 and I’m only 5’5 y’all. IM STRONG AS F. Basically the dude said “look, you’re super strong, a healthy weight for you would be between 195-200 for you to be healthy, in that 25-30% average BF for a woman. Now for you, at 180 you would considered an athlete.” IM AT 314 right now guys...that’s only 115lbs for me to get to healthy. Getting to 180 is now the secondary goal, while hitting 200 is super obtainable. The scale just does not tell the full story. According to everything online a “healthy weight for a 5’5 woman is 113-138”. THAT IS DAMN IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME. And to be honest that feels damn good. No more unreasonable expectations over here!

I can’t even tell you how great it feels to know that healthy is not far away for me. My goals just got a whole lot less overwhelming. To see all my muscle hiding under my fat really is amazing.

What I want to make very clear is that this is specific to MY body. I have a lot more muscle than average women. And my goal is not to be skinny, my goal is to be kinda buff if I’m being honest. I personally prefer female CrossFit athlete bodies to Kendall Jenner bodies (THEY ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL BTW) and i would love to be healthy and muscular.

This just shook my whole foundation of what I thought I knew.

submitted by /u/jfager16
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zmmNSv

No comments:

Post a Comment