Saturday, June 6, 2020

Time for a new goal (finally reached my goal weight I set 5 years ago!!)

F/25/162cm (5'4) SW: 89.3 (197) CW: 59.8 (132) GW: 60(132)

NEW goal weight: 50-55 but focusing on how my body looks and feels compared to a number.

Guys I did it!! In 2015 I was absolutely sick of my size and tried out My Fitness Pal to keep a log of my weight loss. It was an incredibly slow battle and I don't think my heart was fully in it. Made some attempts but ultimately ended up not going on the app until January 2017 when I tracked progress until July. This year in March I decided to get my life and health together and really stick to it. I joined this sub and started reading for suggestions and motivations. I joined r/running and took that up a few times a week and I also made it a goal to finally be able to do the splits (I can do a right leg front split and almost the left!). Running isn't really my thing so I've swapped to yoga and I'm so much happier. I count calories and although I've been veggie for years, a more vegan diet has really been great in keeping me both full and low in calories. My relationship with food has completely changed in which instead of being a comfort it now provides my body with sustenance. I think this has been the most important change as I was most definitely over-eating quite regularly, and nothing healthy either.

I suppose over over those years I lost some naturally and through tons of walking in customer service jobs. In March of this year I started at 70kg (154) and today I finally saw a number on the scale below that of the number I have idolised over the last 5 years. I still have A LOT of work to do but I got to that number and there was a long time where I thought it wouldn't be possible. It is amazing what our bodies are capable of and I am so thankful of this lovely community for sharing this journey with me.

Keep on keepin' on!

Edit:messed up the order of kg/lbs and wanted to keep it constant.

submitted by /u/askthemountains
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gYWmDl

No comments:

Post a Comment