Thursday, June 4, 2020

Weight loss strategy: cheat meals without cheating

I’ve been using a simple weight loss strategy that I came up, and I haven’t seen it written about on this sub, on blogs, etc. I’m sure somebody else has written about this idea before. I doubt it’s original, but I don’t think it’s commonly talked about. I think it’s a super great strategy that’s worked well for me and I thought I’d share the wealth. You’ve got to be using a calorie counting strategy to do it.

The tip is basically this: eliminating a few calories each day from your target will allow a big meal/treat built into your calorie plan each week, because you don’t have to be in a caloric deficit every single day in order to lose weight. It’s not really a “cheat meal” where you’re breaking your diet, but rather is building a cheat into your diet plan.

Let’s use my numbers to explains: when losing weight, I eat 2300 calories per day. So per week, I eat 16,100 calories. Now let’s say that I want a 1000 calorie budget each week for a junk food snack or a bigger meal. That means that I’ll eat 15,100 calories each week, plus 1000 calories that I can eat whenever I want.

This means I can eat about 2,160 calories daily + 1,000 “flexible calories” that I can eat whenever I want throughout the week in order to get an ice cream with my girlfriend, or have a beer and some chips with my friends, or whatever I want that week.

In my opinion, these little cuts of 140 calories every day aren’t too noticeable to me, and it allows me to go to social functions involving food and participate “normally” once a week. For me, this is a huge plus. It keep me on pace while allowing me to do things I really enjoy with my peers.

I will say this strategy doesn’t work for everybody, like most weight loss strategies. Namely, I’m fortunate enough to be a big guy (6’6”, CW 250) so I diet on a high enough numeric value of calories for this to work. If you’re eating 1500 calories daily, it might be harder for you.

That’s it, that’s the tip. I hope this post helps at least one person. Stay on track losers! All love.

submitted by /u/lordcdp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Mu7U3n

No comments:

Post a Comment