Friday, June 5, 2020

Weird but nice NSV: There is now a gap between my arm and my waist. Pic inside!

https://imgur.com/Wwa2BcG

I know, I know, this is my 2nd NSV post but I'M JUST SO DAMN EXCITED!!!
My body is finally changing into exactly what it was before: Just a healthy, skinny body!!

I used to be one of those girls who thought they are "naturally skinny" - my weight always stayed the same no matter what I ate, but then, about 2 years ago, depression hit me and I started eating my feelings. A lot. And mostly in the form of high-calorie food.
I remember the day where I was trying on some trousers in the H&M dressing room, suddenly realizing that for the first time in my life, I didn't fit into my usual pants size anymore.
At first, I thought, well, maybe these trousers are just cut a bit tighter than others. But then I tried on another pair of jeans a few weeks later and the exact same thing happened.
I never weighed myself regularly because it simply wasn't necessary. But on this day, I went home and stepped on my roommate's scale to find out I was around 15 pounds heavier than my former, usual weight.
I didn't think much of it at first and basically kept eating in the unhealthy way I've been eating all those months prior.
Only when I realized months later that I now had to buy not one but actually 2 pants size higher than what I was used to, I finally realized that things needed to change.

I was still in the midst of my depression so the weight loss wasn't on top of my priority list. Only when the dark cloud above my head finally lifted, I started taking things seriously.

At first, I simply ate a little less than usual. Then I downloaded an app to track my calories and have been quite consistently losing weight ever since!

My heaviest were 136 lbs (and since I'm a short woman, this made a huge difference and I looked clearly overweight), now I'm at 121 lbs and might or might now lose a few more pounds.
We'll see.

For now, I'm proudly noticing all the big and little changes my body has gone through - one of them I discovered this morning:
When I stand with my arms hanging down, there is now a gap between the arm and my waist.

submitted by /u/FabulousAssociate7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Y3rdpJ

No comments:

Post a Comment