Sunday, June 7, 2020

When is a plateau something to worry about vs just a little water weight "stall"?

Hi all! I've been on my weight loss journey since March or so, and I've been extremely consistent at losing roughly 2 lbs per week. Almost every week, it's been 1.7-2 lbs lost, sticking to 1200 calories + some light exercise (usually a 4 mile walk and yoga).

While I knew the 2 lbs thing wouldn't last for ever, this past week, my weight loss ground to a halt. My average from this week vs last week was only a .2 lb loss. Yes, it's still a loss, but it's so inconsistent with the pattern I've seen earlier. This whole past week I've been floating around 177.8.

The one silver lining is that my BF% is down .5%. While my weight hasn't changed, this .5% loss has been the consistent pattern since starting my journey week over week which makes me think something is still "working". So, how long do I wait it out to see if this is just a super weird water weight week for me, or if I need to change something? I've thought through this week, and seriously can't think of anything that has been particularly out of the ordinary (ie, no new exercise routine, nothing hormonal, no big change in diet).

Any thoughts are appreciated!

submitted by /u/sokkerluvr17
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dHym5t

No comments:

Post a Comment