Monday, April 5, 2021

Developing body dysmorphia the closer I get to my GW

Hey yall! I've been a lurker on this sub for a while and this is my first post here. So I started a weight loss journey in June of 2020 after going though a pretty tough break up. I wanted to be a better me and the first thing I thought of was getting in shape. I lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle for a while and weighed 226lbs back in June, which was my all time heaviest. If I had to guess, I'd say I was around 35-40% body fat and definitely obese in the BMI scale. As of right now, I weigh about 167lbs and have built a decent amount of muscle as well!

My big issue is that even though I'm so close to my goal weight, I've been having a tough time not being so negative to myself. I look at myself in the mirror and I'm just so disappointed that I'm not where I wanted to be by now. I see belly/side fat still and it crushes my self-esteem and really puts me in a dark place. These negative thoughts make it even more difficult to stick to my diet. It's like my brain won't stop telling me that I failed and to just give up cause I'll always look fat no matter what I do. It feels like the closer I get to my goal weight, the more hard I am on myself that I'm not there yet. I'm way harder on myself now than I was when I was legitimately obese and I don't get it!!

I've been stuck at my CW for about a month now, which continues to feed this dumb mental cycle that I been stuck in. Although I've been consistent with my workouts, I have noticed that I have been slipping on my diets lately, specifically with snacking. My current plan is to up the intensity of my diet and workouts a bit to push through this plateau. I'm worried that this body dysmorphia is going to make it extremely difficult to be happy with myself once I finally do reach my goal weight.

submitted by /u/chewwster
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dx226I

No comments:

Post a Comment