Monday, July 4, 2022

Diary of A Weight Loss Physician # 5

Imagine two frustrated individuals trying to solve a french fry addiction.

‘What do you like about them?' I probed.

‘I love the spiciness. I love the sourness.' they remarked passionately.

‘But fries don’t taste like that. The sauce does...’

'So, is it the fries or the sauce?’ I asked, baffled.

Silence.

The patient started to talk, but then stopped to think more.

More silence.

‘It’s not the fries, it’s the sauce’ - they concluded.

Even more silence.

We looked at each other as our eyes slowly started to sparkle.

'So if I gave you a bucket full of hot sauce, would you be happy?' I asked slowly.

‘I think so’ they replied.

’Okay. Just to clarify. If I gave you cardboard but dipped it in your favorite hot sauce would you be a happy duck?'

‘Quack quack!’ they burst out laughing.

We both have never been the same.

Next time you indulge in your guilty pleasure, ask yourself:

What exactly do I like about this?

Is it the taste? The texture? The emotion it creates?

If you can pin point what the experience provides you, you may find that you have much healthier alternatives!

The patient has been coating green beans and cauliflower in hot sauce and quacking ever since!

submitted by /u/No-Profit8657
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dL0eu7J

No comments:

Post a Comment