Friday, July 8, 2022

Getting sick is so frustrating

I was on a roll with my weight loss and I just dipped into the 180s after exercising daily and counting my calories.

Then, I got mono, which made it almost impossible to exercise. I eventually worked up to walks around my neighborhood after a few weeks. I finally got back to pretty-much-normal, got back to the gym for 2 days, and then tested positive for COVID and was actively ill for another two weeks. Those first days of staying inside and isolating were so hard as I found myself fighting the urge to snack all day because I was bored and stuck inside, and frankly, sad that I was sick.

Even more disheartening was the weight fluctuations. I weighed 189.8 one morning, and 198.2 the next. I shouldn’t have weighed myself knowing I was so bloated and gross but I was curious and am truly blown away by how much it fluctuated. I’m back down to 191-ish today after recovering from all of that, but whew!

Anyway, just a rant. It always seems like something threatens my momentum when I’m on a roll with my weight loss. All part of life’s challenges, I guess, but it is so frustrating.

submitted by /u/underthewasherdryer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rsNQLuj

No comments:

Post a Comment