Tuesday, July 5, 2022

NSV I cleaned out my closet yesterday…

And as usual had to get rid of clothes that didn’t fit but for the first time it was because everything was too big! I’m 5’3” and my starting weight was 282 currently 237. I’ve been exercising and doing CICO for about 5 months. I’ve lost about 45lbs but hadn’t tried on much clothes since I wear scrubs for work and spend my off time in workout clothes.

My first 2 months I was on a strict 1200 calorie limit under a physicians supervision and was taking an appetite suppressant. I did well on this but wanted to prove to myself that I could succeed without medications also I wanted to make sure the changes I had made for weight loss would be sustainable without medication support; so after 2 months I spoke to my Dr and had him wean me off with plans to return if I started gaining. I increased my calorie limit to 1550 and have been going steady since. The rate I lost dropped but stayed between 1.5-2lbs/ week.

Exercise wise I waited a month before starting so that I could focus solely on my diet. Then I started Grow with Jo workouts on YouTube. About 2 months ago I discovered Jump Rope Dudes and started jump roping. It’s been so much fun to try and learn a new trick which has allowed me to gamify my fitness routine since I compete with my previous best. My other NSV was yesterday when I was able to jump rope for a full minute without stopping.

I still have a long way to go but this was a huge confidence boost for me and I’m so excited I thought I should share! This subreddit has been a huge help in keeping me on track so thank you all!

submitted by /u/mmont
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fLcnTV0

No comments:

Post a Comment