Friday, September 16, 2022

At the start of my weight loss journey, and looking to set rewards for reaching my goal. Current weight 151kg / 332 lbs, goal weight 110kg / 242 lbs

Hi everyone. I am a 36 y/o Australian male that is currently obese, and I have reached that 'light-switch' moment where I am set and desperate to remove a majority of my excess weight.

At the start of the year I was 167kg and I have reduced this to currently 151kg and achieved this through more mindful choices in my food intake, but little else.

It is my goal to reach 110kg. I am a former powerlifter and independent wrestler, so it my interest to keep a large strong frame and not become too lean/thin, which is why I am picking a goal weight that might still seem very large to some.

The habits I am setting for this journey are:

  1. Eat a calorie deficit each day (as measured by MyFitnessPal), with one cheat day a week;
  2. Exercise 6 days a week, with one rest day being Saturday each week;
  3. Bedtime by 10pm each day.

I am lucky enough to have a couple friends that will be keeping me accountable. One method being that a friend will send me a message each day late in the evening with a task required for proof of the workout the next morning; ie. take a photo holding 10kg dumbell, or holding up a sideways peace sign, etc. If he doesn't get the photo, I have failed, and I won't get the daily reward of gaming/Netflix etc in the evening as a result.

I am now trying to think of target-related rewards for reaching my goal weight of 110kg. I want to do a couple of pro photo shoots in viking/cyberpunk cosplay; but will also want to set some weight-restricted activities that I wouldn't be able to do without losing the weight. I'm currently thinking horse riding lessons, but would appreciate some extra ideas. (Unfortunately, terrified of heights, so skydiving/bunjee jumping etc are off the table)

submitted by /u/Dr_Chops
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UsjSQgN

No comments:

Post a Comment