Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Exercising while in a deficit? (24M, 197 pounds, 6'4")

Hi there everyone! I am trying to lose enough weight to see visible abs, which I've estimated might turn up for me at around 176 pounds? I've calculated my sedentary TDEE to be 2,385 calories a day, and I've been trying to eat at 1500 calories a day for a ~885 calorie deficit a day, for a ~2 pound weekly weight loss. However, I'm someone who struggles with binge eating disorder and so somedays I eat less than that (~500-1000 calories) to try and make space for the binges I know that will happen eventually.

For about 5 months prior I was trying to *gain* weight, namely muscle, by eating 200g of protein a day and ~2500-3000 calories a day while weightlifting 6 days a week, but so such little progress both visually and lifts wise that I kind've lost all faith in gaining muscle, particularly when I still felt I got fatter. As such, I've swapped to doing running 3 times a week (roughly 5-6 miles in an hour) and 10 mins of core work 3 times a week. The problem is, I don't feel very energetic most days and so an hour run starts to feel hellish, and even the core work seems a lot. I'm assuming this is cause of the deficit, so how do people maintain higher levels of exercise when cutting?

submitted by /u/Pastapuncher
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nkDiw4K

No comments:

Post a Comment