Monday, September 19, 2022

Coming out of a rut (35 lbs in 3 1/2 months)

So long story short - I was depressed. Very depressed - I suffered from anxiety, agoraphobia and depression. I didn't want to leave my home - I was intimidated to be outside.

This all started back in late 2019, I was 19 and attending college - I was a confident person in the past as I was a normal weight, had a great social life and was content with life at the time. As time added up from 2016 to 2019, I gradually put on weight - starting from 176 lbs the whole way up to 250 lbs.
For these 3 years (2019-2022) I could classify as the worst years of my entire life, all I did was sit at home, play pointless games and binge eat all the way up to 333 lbs. I genuinely thought this was my life forever.

May this year I had enough of my way of life, I was sick to death of how I looked - I couldn't stand watching people live great lives while I sat and let mine decompose in my room. I voluntarily sent myself to a mental prison, the door was always open but I couldn't pull myself to leave. I had enough of it. I'm determined that I'm going to fix my life - It's been so long since I've walked anywhere I was out of breath after walking 10 feet, I had to learn how to walk again I had to regain the muscle that I lost and the stamina with the extra lbs on my back. I followed a very strict but borderline unhealthy diet (which I wouldn't recommend) to get a kick start in my weight loss.

Following this routine of walking and strict dieting, I've managed to lose 35 lbs (333 - 298 lbs) between the space of may to September. I begin college again tomorrow It's going to be a huge change for me, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intimidated by it - but I'm not going to let my lifestyle take my life over again. I'm going to achieve my goals. I believe I've gotten lucky and don't look the amount I weigh although I still look overweight. My aim is 215 lbs by April. I apologize for the long writing - I've left this in my mind for so long.

submitted by /u/Fearless-Bank1527
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Zu51Tjm

No comments:

Post a Comment