Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Went off the rails and gained 24"

(35/f/5'2"/224 lbs)

It's truly amazing to me how such a drastic change can take place without me being fully conscious of it.

Some backstory- I have always been overweight, but in 2018 I started exercising regularly and eating well. I lost 30 pounds and felt amazing.

I just found my measurements from February 2020, just before everything everywhere went crazy. I am 8" bigger in my bust, waist and hips for 24" gained overall. Two new feet of me. Hot damn.

The positive changes I'd made became a COVID casualty. At the same time the pandemic hit, my then-fiance got stuck in the States while visiting. I was a teacher and taught through the pandemic hell. Got married. Entered the immigration nightmare. Then a career switch. I just generally found myself focusing on everything other than taking care of myself. This year I ran into

I knew I had gained 40 lbs, but that didn't quite hit like realizing how many inches I had added.

The last few weeks I have been trying to make changes- more movement, strength training three times a week, getting up to move more during my workday. When it comes to food I have a complete mental block - our diets are fairly decent and the changes I need to make aren't crazy - I just find myself unable to focus and remember to track calories and such.

Guess I'm just generally struggling with focus. Maybe this inches revelation will help. What do you guys do when you're weight loss/health building "bleh"?

submitted by /u/Holiday_Toe_193
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/KGPvnfz

No comments:

Post a Comment