Friday, September 16, 2022

I lost 150lbs in a year and a half, 80 pounds of it between April and August of this year

I weighed just over 400lbs in January of 2021. I didn’t hit the scale that often, because it was hard to accept that I was that size. I certainly didn’t feel as fat as I was, but I was nonetheless. I started slow, I cut out soda (easy), and then Gatorade, and then fast food.

By the end of 2021, I was at ~340lbs. I switched jobs in February 2022, and that didn’t work out, and instead of getting that unemployed depression (that last time I’d had in 2019, which assisted in getting me to my extra large size), I used the free time as a kickstart for a new diet, and going to the gym regularly with friends.

The new diet plan consisted of strict calorie counting, and intermittent fasting. I would eat my calories for the day (which, as a 6’4 male trying to lose as much as I could without destroying my metabolism, I capped around 1800 daily) in 8 hour windows, fasting for a total of 16 hours daily. Once I was employed again, I extended the eating times to 10 hours to be able to eat breakfast before my shift, and have time to make and eat my dinner afterward. A lot of the time, I would come in under calories as much as I could, while still eating three meals a day so as not to starve myself, but to merely add on to my weight loss.

My gym time wasn’t anything rigorous, after a few sessions learning some equipment and trying different things, I settled into a routine of cardio, followed by some leg and chest presses, sometimes including arm curls and benching, and a light cardio cool down.

I developed my workout routine over the course of the summer, and coupled with the eating habits I’d developed, went from 334lbs at the very end of March 2022, to currently 253lbs. It’s been slower in the last month or so, having been very busy as I just moved states, but I still am calorie conscious, and I haven’t gained anything back.

I couldn’t have done this drastic (and seemingly impossible) progress without the constant help from my best friend, who gave me a lot of tips that I’ve incorporated in one way or another.

January 2021: 400lbs January 2022: 375lbs April 2022: 332lbs September 2022: 253lbs

It seems hard to believe to myself. I did the math, and I would’ve having to be undereating to the point of losing almost a point and a half, daily. Daily. That’s crazy, isn’t it? I know why, I had all the fat to burn off, and I burned more calories from existing and exercise than I consumed. So it makes sense logically but I sometimes have a hard time believing I did it.

submitted by /u/PIatinumP0tato
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/uZvCQGf

No comments:

Post a Comment