Saturday, September 24, 2022

Weight loss > 30kg

I started at 117kg and I am now down to 85kg. I lose on average 1.2kg per week or 5kg per month. In one month, I'll be around 80kg and if not, then it's because of muscles.

Food

  • no alcohol, never.
  • mainly vegetables and less fruits
  • some meat and a lot of eggs
  • some milk and little carbs
  • avoid eating everything with a high calorie per gram ratio. It's not forbidden, but when I eat it then not much of it.
  • drinking 2, 3 or more liters a day of water, coffein free coffee or tee

  • I had three food orgies in that time which you can see immediately on the scale but you can't see it on the long time scale - in the end it doesn't even matter.

Training

Most of the time I did not do anything special but

  • I started contributing to openstreetmap and walked around my town and added info to the map! Nothing better to keep you moving than that. I'm not going for a walk to lose weight, I'm going for a walk to improve the map. I'm not forced to go, I just go whenever I want to. It gets addictive over time which helps a lot :)
  • I started rucking. Rucking is walking or running with a rucksack. At the beginning with 5kg, and now mostly with 15kg. I even combine mapping and rucking.
  • I started bicycling. Not fast or with the intention of losing weight (ok, maybe a little) but by making tours and having fun. I started with very short routes of 5km, then 20km, 60km, and now over 100km. I basically look on the map with brouter and select a circuit somewhere. It takes some time but it's fun, you see a lot, you do a lot. No stress. Just having a good time. No rush.

Problems

It's going to be very difficult to increase my calorie intake per day. I already started eating more over the last weeks but I don't really see a flattening curve. I'll see it over the long run so I'm not that concerned about it. I need to increase my calorie intake by (I guess) 1000 calories and that's going to be really difficult since I never fastened during that time and I'm always full at the end of a meal. I just eat (too) healthy. I need to start eating some "unhealthy" stuff! I hope it won't be too difficult to keep my weight and not to lose any further or gain weight again. My fear is that I will go up and down by eating too much or too little to compensate for the variance each day. Currently, I eat two meals a day and I think, I'll add a breakfast with 500 calories which will make it easy to reach my goal of 1000. We'll see when I get there!

Apps

  • openscale connects easily with a bluetooth scale.
  • waistline is great for looking up food information, you only need it in the beginning.
  • opentracks is awesome for tracking a routine
  • osmand is the best map out there
  • streetcomplete and every door to contribute to osm
  • paseo tracks your step count. Or a smartwatch (mi band is enough) with gadgetbridge
  • opencamera to make progress pics
  • tasks.org to keep track of todos and get reminded for the daily workout (it's nice to click completed afterwards)
  • jefit to have a look into workouts
submitted by /u/Solid_Will1624
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/chqt9Nw

No comments:

Post a Comment