Wednesday, September 21, 2022

I think I want to plan a gift for myself at the “end” of this.

A few months ago, I was diagnosed with a genetic form of insulin resistance as a direct result of my birth mother’s death. Her sudden heart attack really did not make sense with the changes she had made over the last decade to get her diabetes under control - my doctor suggested there might have been another underlying condition, and it was possible I had inherited it. So I get tested, diagnosed, medicated, and on track. My lifestyle is already conducive to this disorder because I’ve been self-medicating with a specific diet for most of my life but now with metformin making my tissue responsive to insulin, so much is falling into place.

Weight loss no longer feels unsustainable. I previously fought every single day for about two years to lose 70 pounds with dedicated CICO and IF. I was happy with my progress but still felt discouraged because it was so goddamn hard. Plus, people were constantly treating me like I wasn’t losing at the expected rate because I was lying, in denial, or counting wrong - basically treating me like an untrustworthy idiot when in reality, I had an endocrine disorder. Now that it’s managed, I’ve lost about 20 pounds in four months. I seriously wonder what I’ll look like in two years if I keep putting in the effort. I cannot imagine being a regular weight, I have never been not fat.

I’m trying to think of some sort of gift to give myself at the “end” of this. I know there is no proper end and this is a lifelong endeavor. Also, health is definitely its own present, simply not dying at 51 is enough! At the same time though, I’d like to celebrate with something concrete. Right now I’m thinking I’d like to take classes to become a yoga instructor. I’ve always loved yoga and I practice regularly but I’d never considered becoming a teacher because I didn’t think anyone would want to take a class with a fat instructor, which is it’s own can of worms I won’t get into here. I can maybe even start saving for it now - add a few dollars for every pound lost or something cute like that. Idk.

What are y’all planing to do? Is this a thing?? Anybody here reached their goal and went through with their celebration? :-)

submitted by /u/notsure-neversure
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/CnRbTx7

No comments:

Post a Comment