Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Will rapid weight gain from binge eating come off on its own if I return to eating normally?

I will try to keep this brief so: I went from 110 to 140 lbs (at 5’5) in three months. I detest my new body and I want my old one back, but restriction feels counterproductive because it’s such a massive trigger for the behavior that got me here. I know I really can’t purge anymore because my teeth are deteriorating fast so if I binge again I’m just going to absorb all the calories.

I’m fairly active and I work out 3-4 times a week but the weight loss is not happening nearly as fast as I’d like it to. My old weight, which I was within 5 pounds of for the rest of my life (I’m 21) seemed like my ‘set point’ but I’m not sure whether I’ll need to restrict to get back there. I feel like I can’t live my life until I weigh what I used to, but it seems like it might be almost a year until I’m there again.

If I can just focus on health and satiety without being obsessive about calorie counting will my body return to its baseline? Or will I just have to figure out how to restrict in a way that’s sustainable? Any advice appreciate thank you

submitted by /u/sgrfreejello
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/hQcI4m1

No comments:

Post a Comment