Thursday, September 29, 2022

Just feel like I can’t start over again

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have tried to lose weight on and off since age 13. Sometimes it works, but it always comes back. Now I weigh 260 pounds as a 5 7 person and I desperately want to lose weight, but it seems like it is just hopeless. So many years of yo-yo dieting! And so many people say it isn’t even possible to permanently lose weight. I genuinely want to know if there is any hope for me. Please, please be kind or don’t comment. I’m at the end of my rope.

I deal with emotional eating due to trauma and have suffered from a binge eating disorder for most of my life. I am also a transgender man, so losing weight in my chest is basically necessary for me to exist in my body in a way that feels okay.

I tried a dietician and she was really weird to me about me being trans, so I gave up. I feel so stressed out and tired from work that I find it difficult to eat well or exercise. I feel as if I need to figure out how to make slow changes in my life, but I don’t know how. I feel like weight loss isn’t possible for me and I just want to know if any of you have been able to do it despite challenges with mental health or ESPECIALLY gender dysphoria.

Also, let me get ahead of y’all and say this before it becomes a problem: You really don’t need to be mean to me for being transgender. I promise you don’t. You can move on and do literally anything else. I’m really nervous to post this so please don’t kick me when I’m down. :/

submitted by /u/ArgonBoy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/tEFQUka

No comments:

Post a Comment