Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Has anyone sought therapy for their relationship with food?

Hi all, hoping this is the right place (feel free to direct me elsewhere).

I’ve been trying to lose weight for a while, and for health reasons I have been trying especially hard for the past 6 weeks. This has felt like the most serious attempt I’ve had in a long time.

But I really struggle. I know what I need to do and I know where I’m going wrong but I just can’t seem to change.

I know I have a problem with boredom and stress eating or just general comfort eating. I’ve fallen out of love with my job which has led to both boredom and stress and I’m just generally not in a great place currently, so I fix it with food.

Ironically I know that losing weight and eating healthily would help some of these issues - I’ve been single for a while and I think some of it is weight related but also when I am doing well with my weight loss I do feel a sense of achievement so I don’t fully understand why I’m self sabotaging!

Anyway it would be good to know if anyone has gone to a therapist specifically to discuss their relationship with food and if they found it helpful. If anyone has also found themselves in a similar situation any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/atemythrowaway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Yw8ips1

No comments:

Post a Comment