Monday, September 12, 2022

I just realized that losing weight has gifted me at least 200 more hours annually!

I'm curious how others have benefited from weight loss that they didn't realize for a fairly long time.

I did a rough calculation this yesterday and was stunned by how much time being overweight cost me.

  1. Picking clothes out is instant. No more 30 minute frustration sessions of finding something that fit, was comfortable, buttoned well, looked okay, and so on. Just throw on whatever matches and head out.
  2. Commutes are probably the biggest time saver. First, I've been stuck behind hallway hogs (e.g., standing center or with another person and taking up the whole space) and felt self-conscious to try to sneak by. Now I blast 'em on my speed walk locomotive express ha ha. Second, I walk as fast as possible for the extra cardio pump for the day. I take stairs which are slower than elevators, but elevators can be slower and escalators are always slower so I'd say this balances out. No problem sprinting to catch buses saving a lengthy wait for the next bus. No problem squeezing in the most packed subways saving a wait for the next train.
  3. No time wasted for lunch ventures. I pack something simple/light/fast (e.g., healthy sandwich) and eat while working.
  4. Any meetings or presentations can be slept on right up until I have to sprint there (previously, would leave early and walk slowly to be sure I got there on time).

It's amazing!

submitted by /u/CoffeeAndDachshunds
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ADRqCGK

No comments:

Post a Comment