Sunday, September 25, 2022

How does one lose weight in a complete healthy way and keep it off?

To give background info: I'm a short, pear shaped, low muscle tone woman with two children who is currently still breastfeeding a baby. I want to lose about 12-15lbs. I just can't seem to do it in a healthy, long term way. I don't want to look like Barbie. I want to feel comfortable in my clothes.

From everything I've read and experienced, it seems impossible to do. I almost fell like wanting to lose weight when you aren't very overweight or obese is actually considered wrong and unhealthy in itself? I think it's good if I accept my body and love it as it is, but after having two children and doing extended breastfeeding for both and losing any focus on myself or my looks, I feel frumpy, chubby, unattractive and weak. I really would feel happier with myself if I had more muscle and less fat on my body.

In the past, when my first child turned two, I did slim down with exercise and very strict calorie counting, but it made me focus way too much on calorie counting. I knew it wasn't sustainable. I gained weight again as soon as I stopped counting calories when stressful life events began (a couple years of secondary infertility, then the pandemic, then a high risk pregnancy, now parenting a baby and a preschooler, etc).

And isn't calorie counting just dieting, which is scientifically proven to fail and result in more weight gain in the long term? Something will always come up. And it seems like you can't keep weight off unless it's your whole life's focus to keep it off.

I know this seems defeatist, but these are real w questions and not hypotheticals. I would love to hear from people who have actually made lifestyle changes that are healthy, sustainable, and lasting which result in long term weight loss and keeping it off. What is the secret? Because what I read and hear from a science perspective is pretty uninspiring.

submitted by /u/jesmonster2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/19px3lv

No comments:

Post a Comment