Saturday, September 17, 2022

The story of my bed

So I have only recently started my weight loss journey, it started slow but I am planning on improving and losing more weight over the few weeks. But this story is different but related.

So I have been sleeping on a wooden high sleeper bed since I was about 16 (I am 31 now). Because of the horrible house market and rent in Ireland at the moment, I am still living with my parents and still sleeping on this bed.

It was good at the start but by my mid twenties it wasn’t as fun. Making it was a pain, climbing up on it was a pain (especially because of my weight) and of course you can’t exactly fit 2 people on it so no sex or anything. I’ve tried to get it changed the past couple of years but my parents are not good at changing things, and still believed the bed was ‘new’ up until recently. They are more open to it now but getting them to do anything is a nightmare and I can’t do it alone.

But the worst thing about the bed are the wooden planks. They keep falling down on one side because 1. They are not set in place and 2. Because of my weight. This has been a problem for 8 years now but it has only ever been one or two planks. A couple of months ago however, half of the beds planks collapsed on one side while I was sleeping on it. Getting off it was a nightmare because they collapsed near the ladder and I couldn’t kneel to get down as the mattress had nothing to hold it up and it would just fall through. I eventually got down after about 15 mins of panicking. My dad had to fix it and I was able to sleep on it again.

But tonight it nearly happened again; only this time it was beside my head. I got off immediately. I called my boyfriend on FaceTime so that he could see the bed and he told me to never sleep on the bed again. Not only were the planks unstable, the metal bar holding them was bent. My boyfriend told me that I could easily fall through the bed if any of the planks snapped or something and I could be serious injured or worse. So I am now sleeping in a spare room on a much smaller bed. But it suits me fine.

I am never sleeping on that bed again. I don’t care if I am fat shamed to hell, I don’t care if I am told that I am overreacting, I don’t care if I am told that I contributed to the planks not been stable. My safety is more important.

submitted by /u/Hera2990
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/KLOva23

No comments:

Post a Comment