Sunday, September 18, 2022

I hate how difficult it is to lose weight once you hit 50

I just came here to vent, really.

F, 50, 5'11", SW: 251 lbs, CW: 237 lbs, GW: 150 lbs

I've exercised and done CICO off and on throughout my adult life but in the past few months I've been taking it more seriously. I've been working out 4-5 days a week since early June, half the time with a trainer and the other half on my own. I do a combination of cardio and strength for every session, keeping my heart rate in the fat-burning zone as long as possible. I'm also doing CICO with an emphasis on protein and low fat. Some days I go a little over 1500 calories, other days I am under a bit. I don't binge... I don't cheat. I'm no saint, but every day I strive to do my best, and I try to challenge myself in every workout, doing a little more than last time (more minutes on Jacob's Ladder, lifting heavier or doing more controlled pauses as I lift until I reach failure).

I'm feeling stronger, but my weight loss is SO. FREAKING. SLOW. My clothes fit the same... I look the same (at least I think so). There are weeks when my weight stays the same or increases (!) and so many people say, "if you're not losing, you're eating too much and lying to yourself" and this sends me into a tailspin.

I feel like the cards are stacked against me now that I'm 50. It used to be so much easier. Now there are so many days when I wonder if it's even worth the hassle and sacrifice.

submitted by /u/Awkward_Rock_5875
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/j6AUMz1

No comments:

Post a Comment