Saturday, September 24, 2022

I went clothes shopping in a store for the first time since pre-COVID this past week...

..I was slapped with the realization I am obese. I was like, "I gained 100lbs, I'm probably a 1x now." WRONG. I left the store in tears because I'm a 2x-3x. Precovid I was a size 8-10.

First post, but I want a supportive community and hopefully, this can be it!

I am at the heaviest I've ever been at 260 (the closest was 220 before giving birth) My fiancee thinks I'm 240, shh. My average weight is about 145, but I had a starvation approach (anorexia nervousa) most of my life and during VID I had a major life change I decided to stop denying my great love for food and cooking. I tried everything I previously denied myself and loved every minute of it.

I know from all areas of my life that I need to take baby steps to make healthy choices in creating a healthier life for myself. When I went shopping, that was the devastation I needed to kick my ass into gear!! No crying, just determination!!!!

So this time I took a different approach to my weight loss. I lacked follow through on commitments because it was "too hard". I started going to the gym again in late August, and I'm super proud of my endurance and consistency as I have never actually sweated before and I leave every day at least damp.. I started going for 30 minutes to an hour 5-6 days a week and have made the jump to 1-2 hours this past week with 45-1 hour cardio. I have a bad traumatic arthritic ankle I've had surgery on it 7 years ago so I've been isolating the muscle groups surrounding it to help support my ankle for the weights so I am able to be more active.

Slow starts I have made in my lifestyle change are incorporating intermittent fasting from ABOUT 7 PM - noon. I say *about* because I might shave off an hour or two in either direction. If I'm so strict I feel like everything is too much and I have given up in the past so I feel the lax approach is better for me now.

I only allow myself my favorite tortillas two meals a week as opposed to the Hispanic daily and only use low-carb bread and incorporate more fiber. I'm TRYING to stick to high fiber high protein foods. The next thing I plan to do is incorporate a sweat stomach wrap for my workouts, not using fats when I cook just veggie broth and water, and only order salads or meat without breading on the rare occasions I do go out.

My mood is the best progress I've seen since late August, my ankle hurts way less and more often, the amount I'm able to do at the gym has drastically increased and my PRIDE of wanting to quit so many times in a workout but just pushing on until my original goal. I surprised myself so many times.

I'm getting married in November of next year, and my current goal is 60 lbs by then. Old me thinks it's too low, but this me thinks it is attainable. My father said it's too high and suggested 30 and my future husband thinks 50 is a more attainable goal. I've lost 5 so far.

My perception of food and my body are out of whack as one could gather from my polarity relationships with food.

Advice?

submitted by /u/comfortblankets
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/GNkj1WY

No comments:

Post a Comment