Sunday, September 25, 2022

Question about heart rates and fat loss

Hi all, I know I'm posting here a lot today, and I'm sorry for that. But I just have a quick question. I was going to ask r/fitness, but those guys intimidate me. Lol

So, I have been walking daily or near daily for the past month. I try to walk as briskly as is comfortable and sustainable and I have noticed that my times have been dropping off which is cool. I have also noticed that my heart rate has dropped off as well as measured by my watch. When I started I was in the 120's typically. Now I'm averaging around 105 for the walk. Which is also cool, I feel like that definitely shows that I am improving my cardiovascular health!

But...I'm an over thinker. So now I'm worried that I will need to "walk harder" (run?) to keep seeing weight loss benefits. Not that I'm relying on only walking for weight loss, I also do CICO and stay under my calorie goal most days. I know you can't outrun a bad diet. I also know that walking is good for my health regardless of if it is actually helping with weight loss. But I admit I am walking in part to aid with my weight loss. So, if my heart rate keeps going down when I walk, will it still help my weight loss efforts, or do I need to keep upping my game?

submitted by /u/Overbeingoverit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rl7pPzW

No comments:

Post a Comment