Saturday, September 24, 2022

Will I ever be satisfied with my body

Hey, I've been on a weight loss journey for over a year now, going from 120kgs to 80kgs and I still have a long way to go, but I am pretty proud that I was even able to keep up with it for this long, considering I've been struggling with my weight my whole life and I've been Obese (I/II) for half of it.
In theory I look better than I used to, everyone always compliments me about it (granted, just the people who knew me before because of the big change) but all I hear when they say that is "Man you were ugly before! Good job on being less ugly" and I even feel embarrassed and silly for the few times I looked in the mirror and thought I looked nice. Furthermore, although when dressed things aren't too bad, my skin and overall body are terrible, partly because of how heavy I used to be (stretch marks everywhere, cellulite, very poor skin texture - I look like a blob of cottage cheese) and partly because of the weight loss, ironically: flabby, saggy, loose skin everywhere. It's giving me a very hard time feeling more conscious and while before the weight loss I attributed everything to the fat, it's kinda driving me crazy that this time part of the culprit is the fat loss and I don't see a way to fix it. It's very frustrating and makes me feel kinda hopeless, just from the aesthetic POV (I'm not giving up on losing more weight, as a health goal). I know at a certain point I should just accept myself but it takes me back to when I thought there were too many things wrong about me that it wasn't even worth it to start working on them.
Sorry for the rant, share your thoughts if you want :)

submitted by /u/snaketurtledeer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/F02hcA6

No comments:

Post a Comment