Friday, September 16, 2022

I can see my collarbones

24F 5’7 SW:338 GW:150 CW: 254

For the first time since childhood I can see my collarbones. I’ve been overweight basically since puberty and really kicked into obesity in my late teens due to poor mental health, a bad home life, and disordered eating. In April of 2020 I had one of the worst panic attacks of my life because I thought of all the things I wanted in life and believed I’d never achieve them because I didn’t have the work ethic and none of it was possible for me. A big thing I’ve always wanted was to just lose weight and be a healthy ideal weight. I wanted a normal life and to do normal things and wear normal clothes and I was so scared I’d never get it because I just couldn’t see myself being capable of doing the hard work.

Now two years later I’m down 84 pounds that I’ve lost primarily all in one year with honestly not that much effort. I still have 100 pounds to go and I haven’t fully tackled weight loss yet but I’m further than I ever thought I’d get. For those of you who’ve been in my position and have seen posts of someone’s weight loss and have been discouraged by how hard it seems I want to give you a little bit of hope. I have bad adhd and my mental health is okay at best. I didn’t suddenly start eating healthy and cutting out junk food. I didn’t start going to the gym at 5 am. I didn’t even try to start losing weight it just started to come off naturally when I got a busy job that forced me into accidental intermittent fasting and when I noticed I was losing weight I started tweaking small habits of mine and it’s made a huge difference. I feel like I’m barely trying and I’m still seeing the scale go down. I haven’t worked out once and I still eat junk food and fast food. Now I just intermittent fast and I pay attention to what I eat. I count calories with a food scale now and I’m pretty diligent about not going over. It’s been a slowish process of just adding small changes over time. Eventually I’d like to start adding nutritious foods and exercise so I can lose more weight and not gain it back in the future. I just want to let people out there who feel like they’d never be able to do it that you can and it honestly isn’t as hard as it seems. If I can do you can too.

submitted by /u/catofthecanalsx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QB9AlPo

No comments:

Post a Comment